Sep 10, 2009

Hello you fools & FOULers

I come from the wholly land of falafel, I live in the vibrant hummus city of Falaviv and I hope to debunk some of your myths about my country and my people. 10 years ago I visited your FOULand and as I was chewing on my Taamiya in Foulgada, this waiter comes up to me and asks carefully: "tell me something, why do you FALAFELers hate FOULers?" I almost chocked outta shock and asked him where did he get that stupid idea. His answer was of course newspapers. So the first thing I want to ask you is not to trust your media or any other media for that matter. Thank Allah we have the internet and we can talk directly now, from the people to the people. So rest assure, we love you FOULers. Worst case scenario, we have absolutely nothing against you. We love your food, we love your heritage, we love your movies! Hey, did you know that FOULers movies show on FALAFELers television every Friday afternoon and back when we had only one channel before the cable era, the FOULers movie of Friday afternoon had enormous rating and was a family tradition? Mishmauul??? Mishmumkin??? You betcha, FOULers. There's much more you don't know about us, and I hope that in a few months from now you'll already doubt your notion that your neighbors are that different from you.
After all, from the perspective of tsunamis earthquakes, aliens and swine-flu viruses, we're all the same species, the only difference lies in the stories we believe in and even those stories are not so different here in the Middle East.

Till next time, enjoy your taamyia.

Ms. Falafel.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!! I simply LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the intiative!!
    I can't wait to read more blogs! This is a great step! Thanks to both of you for the idea!
    Keep the good work up!

    ReplyDelete